Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hair and Nails

I've been waiting my whole life to get these kinds of fingernails, and here they are! I used to do them ALL the time, and just recently started up again, buying a french tip kit for $5 (as opposed to going to the salon and spending $20 each time). They used to peel easily and break, though, and bend like paper. Now they're hard as... um, you know, and oh so glorious! The only caveat: I keep trying to gently stroke my husband's face or arms and end up stabbing him instead. This morning my hormones took over and I cried when I tried to touch his neck and kiss him good morning and he shrieked and pulled away from the pain.

Less noticeable is any change in my hair. It had suddenly gotten greasy, but I think that was from the all-in-one Pantene Jason had bought to wash it in the hospital sink earlier this year, so I upgraded to some fancy schmancy "mop". Apparently the average person loses 100 hairs a day, but that stops during pregnancy, so I should have thick, lustrous hair soon enough, or so I hope.

No comments: